Thursday, April 30, 2009

Movie Line Quiz

Rules:
- Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
- Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie (one-liners are best).
- Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
- Strike out the quote when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
- NO cheating. If you don't know any of them, that's just too bad!

1. "You stupid hag! With my magic, I'll send her into the... into a... Into a realm where evil cannot touch her!" Dellitt

2. "With a gun barrel between your teeth, you speak only in vowels."

3. "Every ancient religion has its own myth about the end of the world."

4. "Nature's first green is gold, Her hardest hue to hold. Her early leaf's a flower, But only so an hour. Then leaf subsides to leaf, So Eden sank to grief. So dawn goes down to day, Nothing gold can stay. Dellitt

5. -Language was developed for one endeavor, and that is - Mr. Anderson? Come on, are you a man or an amoeba?
-To communicate.
-No! To woo women! Dellitt

6. "Alright, yes sir, I'm gonna write you that check, and what's more I'm not gonna cancel it as soon as I leave the bank because I think it takes alotta cojones to do what you two have done here today, and I admire that. So, here you go. Just a little something to show you what I think you're worth." Beth wins

7. "You know, they say when you talk to God it's prayer, but when God talks to you, it's schizophrenia."

8. "Yeah. Alright, now, if you get that puck in that net over there, I'll never bother you again. But if you miss, you got to give me a big fat kiss. And you have to pretend you like it too." Beth is smart

9. It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you.

10. "Back where I come from, we have universities, seats of great learning, where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have. But they have one thing you haven't got: a diploma." Beth

Have fun!

13 comments:

Beth said...

Um, babe, I think these are gonna be hard. 10 is the Wizard of Oz. I'm gonna have to think hard about the others.

Beth said...

Ok, so I must have skipped over #6 which is Dick & Jane. Is #8 Happy Gilmore? It just came to me, first I was think So I Married an Axe Murderer – but now I say Happy Gilmore.

Dellitt said...

#1 - Willow
#4 - The Outsiders
#5 - Dead Poets Society
#7 and #9 seem very familiar, I know I've seen these movies. #3 also seems familiar.

Dellitt said...

These are just guesses. Is #3 Indiana Jones and The Raiders of the Last Ark? And is #9 The Grapes of Wrath? Also, the one about God and schizophrenia, I think it was a quote made to a woman or girl, am I on the right track?

Andy said...

Some hints:
#2 Tyler Durden is the main character but he isn't real.
#3 They drive a hearse.

#7 In this movie some people call it the federal bureau of imagination.

#9 Growing old takes on a new meaning.

Beth said...

#3 - Ghostbusters

Andy said...

Beth got #3.

Andy said...

More hints:
#2 Brad Pitt, Edward Norton, Helena Bonham Carter, and Meat Loaf were all in this 1999 action movie.

#7 This movie is about alien colonization and government conspiracy.

#9 Cate Blanchett and Brad Pitt are the main characters in this 2008 drama.

Dellitt said...

So #9 is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (which I haven't seen) and #7 is The X-Files movie (the first one?).

Andy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andy said...

Dellitt I knew you would get X-files but I am impressed with Benjamin Button. Yes the X-files is the first movie released in 1999.

Andy said...

Okay i don't think anybody is going to get #2 seeing it is a guy movie and the only people that read my blog are girls. Movie #2 is Fight Club.

Kjerstin Lis said...

EVERYBODY READ THIS TESTIMONY ON HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM A LEGIT AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY My name is Kjerstin Lis, I have been searching for a loan to settle my debts, everyone I met scammed and took my money until I finally met Mr, Benjamin Breil Lee He was able to give me a loan of R 450,000.00.He also helped some other colleagues of mine. i am talking as the happiest person in the whole wide world today and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will tell the name to the whole wide world and i am so happy to say that my family is back for good because i was in need a loan to start my life all over as i am a single mum with 3 kids and the whole world seemed like it was hanging on me until i meant the GOD sent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family, a GOD fearing lender, Mr, Benjamin, he was the Savior GOD sent to rescue my family and at first i thought it was not going to be possible until i received my loan, i invited him over to my family get-together party which he did not decline and i will advise any one who is in genuine need of a loan to contact Mr, Benjamin Breil Lee via email at (247officedept@gmail.com ) because he is the most understanding and kind hearten lender I have ever met with a caring heart. He doesn't know that i am doing this by spreading his goodwill towards me but I feel I should share this with you all  contact the right loan company Email  via:  247officedept@gmail.com   or whatsapp +1-989-394-3740.  .